Journey's Home by Nancy Burnett #review

Friday, July 30, 2010
Journeys Home: Stories from Grandmother's Lap
Journey's Home: Stories From Grandmother's Lap is a collection of essays written from the perspectives of Arkansas ground and sky.
The book was inspired by Nancy Burnett looking at and reflecting on old family photos. She found her "child's voice" through them, which began to tell the stories. Near the end point she discovered a cache of photos she thought were lost. One in particular provided literary and emotional closure.
Title: Journey's Home: Stories From Grandmother's Lap
Author: Nancy Burnett
Genre: Memoir/Creative Nonfiction
ISBN: 978-0-615-30818-0
Publication Date: July 2009
Pages: 355
Price: $16.95
Publisher: Soul Garden Press
My thoughts:
I started reading this not know exactly what I was getting into. I love to sit and listen to my grandmother tell me stories about when she was growing up. I never thought I would enjoy reading someone else's stories, but Nancy hooked me. She does skip around a lot, but memories don't all come to you in a nice neat timeline. I loved the tone of her writing and they way she described certain things, made me feel like I could relate to her on a certain level.  I loved how she used the areas of her life to remember and reflect on how they helped shape her into who she is today.
A good read all around:)
I was provided a review copy by Paula at www.amarketingexpert.com, my opinion of this book is just that, mine.

0 comments :

Post a Comment