Blog face lift by Kurisutsure's Randoms

Saturday, July 27, 2013
I am sure that by now most of you have noticed the adorable little dragons gracing the blog. And if you haven't... take a peak at the header and bask in the cuteness!!


See all that cuteness? Don't you want some adorableness of your own? Then you must get in touch with Kurisutsure's Randoms she is amazing to work with! I knew a basic idea of what I wanted and gave her very little details (basically a cauldron filled with books and a cutesy dragon). Once I gave her that info and the colors I liked she got to work!

First I was given the sketches (though I can't find the dragon sketch now:( ) And once she got my ok, and a few ideas for colors she went right back to work; mind you all of our conversations where handled through facebook messaging!!
Sketch of Cauldron full of books
Basic coloring
See? I think they came together wonderfully! I loved how they looked as of the coloring, but I was thinking that the dragon needed a little something to make her pop, so glitter was added!
Subtle blue glitter!!

I was in love with everything at this point, and showed the cuteness to my fiance....Well, he started to feel really left out and wanted one of his own, so I asked how much another dragon would be just reversed and a different color... Guess who did an amazing job? 
No glitter
with pink glitter


And you can see that it is the same dragon, though no one else will be able to have them unless I give the ok, which is a big plus in my book! Too many times I have either paid for or received something that I thought was going to be unique to me and then found the exact thing just in a different color somewhere else in cyberspace.

Now, onto the nitty gritty... PRICING!! What would you expect to pay for something like this? Now keep in mind that this is a one of a kind drawing that no one else will EVER have.. $100? $75? $50? How about $7.50 total? Sounds like a steal to me! Break down is $3.00 per dragon and $1.50 for the cauldron of books!! You can not beat that anywhere else...

And Kurisutsure's Random's does way more than just cutesy dragons and cauldrons! Here's her pricing info from the facebook page:

Here are the prices. I consider them low, but they are still negotiable. You may tip if you like, but it is not necessary.
Note: Prices are subject to change. If they do, I will post on my page as well as alter this note.
$5 for one waist-up character, with optional simple background.
$7 For two waist-up characters, with optional simple background.
$7 for one full-bodied character, with optional simple background.
$10 for two full-bodied characters, with optional simple background.
For a detailed background, add $2 to pricing.
For extra objects or creatures, I will add $0.50 - $3 to pricing, depending on amount of extras and difficulty level.
PLEASE NOTE: I reserve the right to refuse any requests for artwork, no matter what the price is. This will usually be because I don't think I can draw all or some of your requested piece, but may be for another reason. If I don't think I can draw it I may (or may not) still be willing to try. If you aren't sure - ask!

So if you have an idea for something you would like drawn head over to Kurisutsure's randoms and get your money's worth! Crystal is very easy to work with and exceptionally fast at getting things done :) 


0 comments :

Post a Comment