A Single Girl's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse by JT Clay #review

Monday, February 3, 2014
Title: A Single Girl's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
Author: JT Clay
Series:
Date:November 1st 2013
Publisher: Momentum Books
Pages: 282
ASIN/ISBN: 9781760080518
Source: NetGalley
Purchase: Amazon




It's the old story. Girl meets boy. Girl loses boy. Zombies attack.
Q, a trainee kindergarten teacher and martial arts expert, wants to woo beautiful vegan, Rabbit, but doesn't know how. Her luck turns during the zombie outbreak. She teaches Rabbit and his hippie friends how to make war, not love, and does her best to save him from the living dead.
But can she defeat evil ex-girlfriend, Pious Kate? And can love survive the end of the world?


My Thoughts:
When I first requested this book I was not aware that it was meant to be a comedy of sorts. I literally put my kindle down quiet a bit and just looked at it like "WTF"?!? I couldn't understand why a grown woman's best friend would be a 6 year old, let alone why Q would talk to Hannah the way she did.

I personally couldn't get into the book, and I think that may have clouded my judgement a little. There were some great parts, and the writing while off the wall with Q"isms" was well thought out and wonderfully done. Once the "zombies" came around the story picked up, though it was a lot of back and forth with some repetition. 
And while I understand that Q couldn't let everyone know that she had a way to contact the "outside" world, I really think she should have checked on Hannah a whole lot more than she did. 

The ending seemed to drag on with a lot of deaths that really didn't need to happen, and while I am glad they figured out the whole zombie thing, I think it was all done a little too neatly.



My Rating:

0 comments :

Post a Comment