It All Started With a Lima Bean by Kimi Flores #review

Saturday, February 8, 2014
Title: It All Started With a Lima Bean
Author: Kimi Flores
Series: Intertwined Hearts #1
Date: August 8th 2013
Publisher:
Pages: 285
ASIN/ISBN: B00ED008DM
Source: Purchased
Purchase: Amazon (free until 2/9/14)




A past that haunts can be laid to rest through the act of forgiveness, even if the person you forgive is yourself. It must be gifted freely.
Abby Sullivan cherishes the life she is creating for herself in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California. She adores her best friend and supportive family. Her job as a kindergarten teacher offers her life hope and purpose. She is very talented at many things, especially hiding the pain of her past. That is until her world collides with Caleb Hunter’s, giving them both a lesson in forgiveness and love.
A life changing love is cruelly snatched by sickness and death. A person must be willing to give love, the greatest gift of all, to receive love.
A successful writer, Caleb is living life day-to-day. Giving refuge to his sad and lonely heart since his wife's sudden death from cervical cancer, his primary focus becomes honoring her memory by rearing their five-year-old daughter, Madison. Yet, when Madison Hunter walks into Miss Abby’s kindergarten class, everything changes for all three of them.
With a little nudge from a loving mother-in-law who has everyone’s best interest at heart, anything is possible, especially when forgiveness and love gift even more blessings than ever imaginable.


My Thoughts:

The title was the first thing to draw me in. With a cute title I was expecting a cutesy romance, and while I got what I was expecting; I never imagined that I would be in tears from the very first page!!

We start with Caleb saying his final goodbye to his wife, and I just knew that I wouldn't be able to walk away from this book!

Abby is a kindergarten teacher and Caleb's little girl Madison is in her class, so they meet right off the bat. Mind you it has been four years since the wife's passing. Things are weird between them at first because they are both trying to fight their attraction to the other, while friends and family are scheming to hook them up!

All the characters were well written and I found myself rooting for Abby, Caleb and sweet little Madison from the get go. I love that this story wasn't focused on the two main characters trying to get into each others pants, but the tension and love that was between them. 

"When we do finally come together as man and wife, once I’ve done everything to warrant you as my wife, it is going to be incredible. I want you, but I intend for our first physical moment of loving one another to be more exceptional than that because you are that extraordinary to me.”

The ending was very emotional for me, and I LOVED every minute of it.


My Rating: 


0 comments :

Post a Comment