Review: Used by Lynetta Halat

Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Title: Used
Author: Lynetta Halat
Series: Unlovable #1
Date: January 17th 2014
Publisher:
Pages: 275
ASIN/ISBN: B00HXXE5Q2
Source: Purchased
Purchase:

I am a slut. No worries. I've come to terms with it, and you will too. I’m not one of those girls who thinks she’s too plain, too fat, too skinny, too shy … no, I don’t have that kind of luck. I’m the girl who knows she’s just right for everyone. — Denver 
A reputation as a manwhore–with–a–heart–of–gold tends to precede me. But, I don’t do girls with issues, that is until this girl. It's this girl I want to fix. This girl I want to protect. And maybe … more. — Ransom 
Being in love with the same girl your entire life isn't all it's cracked up to be. She uses me in every way imaginable. How does she see me? I am her perpetual one-night stand. No strings, no attachments. Just mind-numbing sex ... for her anyway. — Greer 
Feeling like the life is being choked out of her in the small town of Anaconda, Montana, Denver Dempsey craves the escape that college offers … even if that means leaving her “best friend with benefits” and looking for a new way to forget. Thinking she's found the perfect hookup in Ransom, Denver's outlook on college is bright. That is, until Greer shows up looking for a second chance, and Ransom's interest turns to hatred. 
Love. Hate. Triangle. 
Who's using who? 


My Thoughts:
OMMFGOSH!!! I am on an incredible high after finishing this one! TEAM RANSOM all the way!! I gotta let it all sink in before the big review comes...

2/10/14...

A whole day after finishing this one and I am still feeling it!! I may be one of the few that wasn't Team Greer from the beginning of the book, he just didn't sit right with me, with how he would blow up on Denver and then come crawling back to her shortly after. I understand that Denver was his first love and everything else, but shew, that boy was a little on the creepy side at times.

Now Ransom.. What can I possibly say about Ransom that would do this god of a cowboy any justice at all? He was a little back and forth on everything with Denver, but when she really needed him he was there without a doubt.

Denver is without a doubt one of the strongest and weakest main characters that I have ever met. Don't get me wrong, throughout the entire book you see her strength shinning through, but if you know how to look you see her weakness. She goes through the book admitting that she is a "slut" but I just can't see it, as far as I could tell she slept with ONE guy, but, ok.. maybe doing it while he was "dating" someone else.. or not really her "boyfriend" makes her believe that she is what everyone else calls her.

What Greer does to Denver one night just really cemented what I believed about him all along, and I just fell even more in love with Ransom after everything went down. Now, don't get me wrong, Ransom isn't without fault, he is a "manwhore" but truly you will see that maybe one shouldn't believe all that they hear.

I am impatiently waiting for the next book.....

My Rating:

0 comments :

Post a Comment